The goal of occupational therapy (OT) is to ensure that children are able to participate in their day-to-day activities, including play, leisure and self-care activities, such as getting dressed as safely and independently as possible.
We are able to complete home assessments via telehealth and work with children and families to set and work towards individual goals including:
- developing and building on gross motor skills, including balance, coordination and core strength
- developing and building on fine motor skills, such as handwriting
- developing and building on social skills, such as making friends, working on eye contact, sharing and turn-taking
- assisting with strategies for sensory and emotional regulation, and
- making equipment recommendations.
During this time we can support parents with strategies that they can work on with their children at home.