Wechsler Individual Achievement Test, Third Edition (WIAT-III) for Preschool-Yr12 (4yrs-19yrs).
Often used in conjunction with the appropriate cognitive assessment, the WIAT-III is a powerful clinical tool that assists with:
- Identifying the academic strengths and weaknesses of a student
- Informing decisions regarding eligibility for educational services, educational placement, or a diagnosis of a specific learning disability.
- Designing learning plans or other relevant interventions.
The process of cognitive assessment:
- Initial consultation (approximately 30 minutes). Comprehensive background information is gathered including developmental history, medical issues, academic issues (where applicable), social/family relationships and any other issues or concerns. This is to gain a holistic view of the child or adult to inform interpretation and recommendations as appropriate.
- Testing over 1 or 2 sessions. This will depend on the ability and willingness of the participant, as well as the types of assessments required.
- Scoring and Interpretation. Your assessment(s) will be scored and interpreted against standardised norms.
- Report Writing. The background information, behavioural observations during testing, test results and consequent interpretations will be combined into a comprehensive report that includes relevant recommendations as appropriate.
- Feedback Session (approximately 30 minutes). Your psychologist will offer you the outcomes of the testing, the report and relevant recommendations for school or home.
Cost (Subject to change):
The costs below are all inclusive of the time required to complete the relevant assessment (including initial appointment, testing appointment(s), scoring/interpreting, report writing and feedback session).
Cognitive assessment: $755
Educational assessment: $1100
A cognitive and educational assessment combined: $1650
ASD Assessment: $1250
Please enquire here if you are interested in being contacted by a Clinician to arrange an appointment for your Childs Assessment.