Wechsler Individual Achievement Test, Third Edition (WIAT-III) for Preschool-Yr12 (4yrs-19yrs).
Often used in conjunction with the appropriate cognitive assessment, the WIAT-III is a powerful clinical tool that assists with:
- identifying the academic strengths and weaknesses of a student
- informing decisions regarding eligibility for educational services, educational placement, or a diagnosis of a specific learning disability.
- designing learning plans or other relevant interventions.
The process of cognitive assessment:
- Initial consultation (approximately 60 minutes) – in this session, comprehensive background information is gathered including developmental history, medical issues, academic issues (where applicable), social/family relationships and any other issues or concerns. This is to gain a holistic view of the child or adult to inform interpretation and recommendations as appropriate.
- Testing over 1 or 2 sessions – this will depend on the ability and willingness of the participant, as well as the types of assessments required.
- Scoring and interpretation – the assessment(s) will be scored and interpreted against standardised norms.
- Report writing – the background information, behavioural observations during testing, test results and consequent interpretations will be combined into a comprehensive report that includes relevant recommendations as appropriate, and
- Feedback session (approximately 30 minutes) – in this session, the psychologist will offer you the outcomes of the testing, the report and relevant recommendations for school or home.
Fees (subject to change):
The following fees cover all of the time required to complete the relevant assessment (including initial appointment, testing appointment(s), scoring/interpreting, report writing and feedback session):
- Cognitive Assessment (WISC / WPPSI / Weschler): $775
- Academic assessment: $1,650
- Autism / ASD / ADHD Assessment : $1,955
- Screening Tests / Other Assessments: $260
Please enquire if you are interested in being contacted by a clinician to arrange an appointment for your child’s assessment.