Katrina Bell has worked with children and families in a variety of roles for over 15 years. She is an accredited mental health social worker and registered clinical play therapist.
Katrina has extensive experience working in case management and clinical roles with children and families. She has worked in social work and therapy roles in Victoria’s child protection and education systems, as well as in private practice.
As a play therapist, Katrina supports children to explore their feelings and process their experiences using the medium of play. Katrina is also committed to supporting the caregivers and systems that interact with children and young people on a day-to-day basis through coaching and training.
Katrina has particular interest in therapeutic modalities that allow clients to express themselves or emotionally regulate without being reliant on ‘finding the right words’. This includes yoga (particularly trauma-sensitive yoga), iRest and meditation practices, creative expression through art and music (including therapeutic drumming).
Katrina also provides professional supervision and support for social workers, play therapists and other professionals needing support around their work with children, families, systems or their own broader professional development and support.
- Bachelor of Social Work and Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) with the Australian Association of Social Work
- Post Graduate Training in Family Therapy and Systems Theory
- Post Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy
- Certified Synergetic Play Therapist and Registered Play Therapist (RPT)
- Level One Certificate in Theraplay
- Level Two iRest Meditation Teacher
- Accredited DRUMBEAT Facilitator
- Currently completing Certification as Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor
- Currently completing Advanced Diploma in Children’s Yoga (YogaFun) and 200hour Yoga Teacher Training (Axis Yoga)
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) with the Australian Association of Social Work
- Accredited Registered Play Therapist (RPT)/Clinical Play Therapist with Australian Association of Play Therapists (APTA)